Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Boris Update and Other News





Lots going on! Boris, our foster dog from the shelter, was neutered last week and he's doing well. I'd like to give him a little more time to heal up (and get those testosterone levels down!), and then will try him in harness again. It's been a little cold here (between -10 and zero), but not too bad, and a few inches of fresh snow have fallen. Wish I had some dogs who know how to shovel!



We've had moose in the yard for the past two days. The dogs get really fired up. At least the moose are coming by at a decent hour.










Our latest adoption is a little fellow from the shelter who was called Kody. I changed his name to Bucky after seeing a guy on TV who had a herd of deer who were regular visitors to his yard -- and he had names for all the deer! Bucky is quite shy but is a good boy. I tried putting him out in the yard, and he freaked out -- even knocked over his doghouse. I brought him indoors so the neighborhood could get some sleep, and he has been great! No problems. Cries when he needs to go out. Bucky kept hiding his tail between his legs and would walk behind me...but now his tail is wagging and he walks pretty well on leash. He has a lot of neck rubs from his collar, he had these before he arrived at the shelter. We cut the collar off and gave him a nice new one.







3 comments:

Anonymous said...

For the past few months Ive become a shelter foster and have been raising and rehabilitating a momma, her pups and another who we think is their father.

All were in bad shape when they came in and its been such a joy to see them doing better, gaining weight and back on their feet!

And now that we have snow I cant wait to see how they do in the team so I can tell others and promote their adoption.

Thank you so much for doing the same thing through your efforts and posting their progress on the web! Since this is my first time taking in fosters its good for me (and others) to see someone else doing the same thing and doing so well!

Would you mind if I linked your blog to our website? Do you also have a homepage?

- Miriam

cooper@leaddoggraphics.com

Anonymous said...

I think you're a moose magnet! You guys get all the moosies. We rarely have any hanging around :(

JaniceFBX said...

Hi Miriam,
Thanks for fostering those huskies! Can you email some photos to me for the shelter website? The white male/father is really nice. I didn't bother taking photos of the puppies because they were so young when they arrived. I think a couple of the puppies got adopted?
Please feel free to link - I'll do the same :) No homepage yet, I spend too much time on the computer as it is ;)

Hi Ilana,
Yeah, I don't know what it is with all the moose...maybe because we're by water again, it attracts them. The old house was on the lake and near a slough and the river. This house is bordered by a slough on 2 sides.
Janice

Get Updates on Your Email!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Visit The Dogs At The Fairbanks Animal Shelter!

Dog News Feed